- v be agitated
- v make turbid by stirring up the sediments of
- Stock markets worldwide continued to roil, and banks everywhere remained in the firing line.
- But, beneath the furious roil of the economic crisis, a national conversation has quietly begun about the irrationality of our drug laws.
- Any Jesus film with violence is bound to roil some people.
News & Articles
- Eight Drivers
There are many events and economic reports that can roil the market in the days ahead. Yet, just as importantly, there are already forces at play that will shape market developments. Here are 8 thoughts about what to expect. 1. The US employment data failed to have much impact on expectations the timing of the Fed's tapering. A recent news wire poll found a median expectation for it to ...
June 9, 2013 - Zero Hedge
- Swings Suppressed as World Volatility Reveals No Panic
Price swings across assets and around the world are holding below historical averages even as central banks roil markets.
June 6, 2013 - Bloomberg
- As Turkish Protests Rage, Baku Watches With Interest
Copyright show: Hide copyrights As antigovernment protests continue to roil in Turkey, onlookers in nearby Azerbaijan are watching with a mix of solidarity, envy, and denial. Part of the interest is familial: Azerbaijan shares strong linguistic and cultural ties with its big-brother neighbor to the west. read more
June 5, 2013 - EurasiaNet
- Edward Walker in Seattle Times
It's going to certainly roil the waters and create more problems for the credibility of the United States in the region,said Edward Walker, president of the Middle East Institute and a former ambassador to Egypt, Israel and the United Arab...