hiker : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a foot traveler; someone who goes on an extended walk (for pleasure)
- Longtime naked hiker Grottenpsch says the possibility of a new penal code (no pun intended) makes his flesh crawl.
- From the Iraqi perspective, meanwhile, the hiker "crisis" is barely one at all.
- Every so often a hiker caught unawares by plunging temperatures, fierce winds and snow squalls dies of hypothermia.
News & Articles
- Hiker rescued from Smokies
A hiker was rescued from the Smokies by helicopter this evening and taken to Mission Hospital.
June 15, 2013 - Asheville Citizen-Times
- Hiker rescued after storm
Rescuers spent the early morning hours rescuing a hiker who was caught in yesterday's storm.
June 15, 2013 - WCYB 5 Tri-Cities
- Hiker rescued after 50-foot fall at Wallace Falls
GOLD BAR -- A hiker suffered minor injuries Friday after falling over the lower falls at Wallace Falls State Park near Gold Bar. The hiker, 23, of Monroe, fell about 50 feet, Gold Bar Fire Chief Eric Andrews said.
June 15, 2013 - Everett Herald
- Martin Chavez in Forbes
Our mountain is right here if you're a runner, a hiker, a mountain biker,Chavez said. "We have a marvelous bosque that runs through heart of city. ...... I've always thought we had more assets than they do, but we haven't developed those...
- Richard Branson in This is London
Sir Richard said: "It looks very much like we're close to finding Steve. Hiker Preston Morrow needs to be thanked for alerting the authorities."
- Pat Toomey in USA Today
People see a guy who is charming, he's funny, he's entertaining,says Pat Toomey, president of the group, which has financed TV ads against Republicans it sees as insufficiently anti-tax. "When people find out he was a serial tax-hiker and...