hillbilly : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a disparaging term for an unsophisticated person
- Last week Springfield could lay claim to being the hillbilly capital of the world.
- Then she slipped into what she calls "my little hillbilly jag.
- At 22, he looks 14, and his accent belongs to a jive Nebraskan, or maybe a Brooklyn hillbilly.
News & Articles
- Hillbilly Days festival to be June 14-16 at Bennett Spring
Circle J Campground in association with MacCreed’s Art Gallery and Kessel Run Entertainment will present Hillbilly Days Root-grass Festival from Friday through Sunday, June 14-16 in the Bennett Spring
June 11, 2013 - Buffalo Reflex
- Ron 'Donnie Baker' Sexton brings plenty of character to Jukebox
Donnie Baker has shaggy, 1980s hair. He wears Zubaz pants. He drinks a mixture of warm beer and Mountain Dew — a hillbilly Jagerbomb, if you will. This habit has actually given Ron Sexton a beer belly. Baker, a regular caller on the “Bob and Tom” radio show, is a character created by Sexton. The overconfident, excitable redneck — who is always telling tall tales and ending his statements with “I ...
June 5, 2013 - Peoria Journal Star
- Iggy Pop in San Francisco Chronicle
Once we decided that we were gonna make money dominating the world, first thing we did was throw away the good American music, the blues and hillbilly music,Pop says over the phone a few weeks after his show. "We gave it away. We pitched...
- Billy Bob Thornton in Reuters
Thornton describes the band's music as "Hillbilly British Invasion" and they plan to hit the road and tour the United States this summer, Thornton said.
- Allen Toussaint in Canada.com
I tried to play everything,Toussaint said in a recent interview. "I heard a lot of boogie-woogie, a lot of waltz, hillbilly music with that rolling saloon piano trilling with the right hand. I thought musicians were supposed to play...