- n a disparaging term for an unsophisticated person
- n a Confederate guerrilla during the American Civil War
- The Makarios whom the British had regarded as an ecclesiastical bushwhacker was now being welcomed in London.
- In the spring of 1948, a bushwhacker shattered Noble's right arm with a shotgun blast.
- Honky Tonk Man in St. Catharines Standard
It's going to be exciting and I'm looking forward to it,Honky Tonk said. "I've not been over that way in five or six years and Canada wrestling fans are some of the best in the world." "Plus, I'll be around my old friend Bushwhacker...
- Howell Raines in MSNBC
Of one Times editor who criticized him in public but was friendly in private, Raines writes, "What is it about this place that has given this good man the soul of a bushwhacker?"