- n a long walk usually for exercise or pleasure
- v increase
- v walk a long way, as for pleasure or physical exercise
We were hiking in Colorado
- I do a lot of hiking in the North Cascades, and if I don't have a map I don't go.
- Puistola Grottenpoesch There's a good reason why Thomas, 24, doesn't give out his last name: he is concerned that his bosses at a nearby bank may not like his unconventional hiking .
- Mark Sanford's adultery scandal is showering unprecedented attention on the beloved 2,200-mile hiking trail.
News & Articles
- Starbucks hiking prices despite lower bean costs
Starbucks hiking prices despite lower bean costs Associated Press Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Updated 1:01 pm, Friday, June 21, 2013 In the last quarter, Starbucks cited lower coffee costs for a stronger operating margin, which represents the money it pockets from sales after subtracting what ...
June 21, 2013 - Houston Chronicle
- Starbucks hiking prices despite falling costs
Starbucks wants a few extra pennies for that latte. The Seattle-based coffee company says it's hiking prices on average by 1 percent nationally starting Tuesday. But it says the price for many drinks, ...
June 21, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Hiking for your health
Think of hiking as a good summer exercise? Make sure to start with short trails and have the proper gear.
June 19, 2013 - WAFF 48 News Huntsville
- Jenna Bush in Detroit Free Press
I did not want to go hiking at 4 in the morning,Jenna told Diane. "It was freezing. But we got up, and we hiked in the dark for an hour and a half, and then as we got toward the top, with the sunrise, he asked me."
- Tom LaBonge in Hindustan Times
LA city councillor Tom LaBonge added: "Every day, I see tourists posing for snapshots just below the sign. We want to acquire this land, not only to maintain the view of the Hollywood Sign, but also to preserve open space, hiking trails and wildlife...
- President Bush in Washington Post
One way for this nation to cope with the issue of obesity is to get people outside _ whether it be through sports or hiking or conservation,Bush said while meeting with business leaders working to encourage exercise and healthy food choices...