- n the act of giving hope or support to someone
- n an increase in cost
- n the act of giving a push
he gave her a boost over the fence
- v increase
- v give a boost to; be beneficial to
The tax cut will boost the economy
- v contribute to the progress or growth of
- v increase or raise
boost the voltage in an electrical circuit
- v push or shove upward, as if from below or behind
The singer had to be boosted onto the stage by a special contraption
- Viewpoint: The court's recent ruling that lethal injection is legal will give a boost to one growing category of death-row inmates: those who volunteer to die.
- Washington warns that skyrocketing prices threaten a global recession that will hurt oil producers, but their capacity to boost supply to meet rising demand may be limited.
- But critics of the plan say that is will do little to boost sales, and could wind up being surprisingly expensive.
News & Articles
- Hasan trial brings Killeen economic boost
Local businesses are already seeing a boost in business from the first wave of media arriving to cover the pre-trial hearings of accused Fort Hood shooter Maj. Nidal Hasan.
June 16, 2013 - Killeen Daily Herald
- Q10 could give BlackBerry a huge boost
Shares of BlackBerry received another small boost on Friday following an upbeat report about the company’s latest smartphone. Maynard Um of Walls Fargo, per AllThingsD, claims that sales of the BlackBerry Q10 are better than expected and could help the company beat Wall Street’s expectations for the fiscal first quarter. The analyst noted that “channel checks” reveal that the Q10 is off to a ...
June 14, 2013 - BGR News via Yahoo! News
- Boost Mobile Presents: Avoid The Junk Dunk (Commercial)
Boost Mobile recently dropped a humorous promotion dubbed the 'Junk Dunk,' which every basketball wants to definitely avoid.
June 12, 2013 - Baller Status
- Barack Obama in CNN
Now, more American consumers will have the chance to purchase newer, more fuel efficient cars and the American economy will continue to get a much-needed boost,President Obama said in a statement.
- President Bush in Xinhua
We expect they will use it to boost consumer spending and that will spur job creation as well,Bush said in Friday's statement.