- n the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on
- n a pompous fool
- n hardy and sure-footed animal smaller and with longer ears than the horse
- n slang for sexual intercourse
- v evaluate or estimate the nature, quality, ability, extent, or significance of
- v charge (a person or a property) with a payment, such as a tax or a fine
- v set or determine the amount of (a payment such as a fine)
- v estimate the value of (property) for taxation
Our house hasn't been assessed in years
- Banks once sought out such information as rent-payment histories to assess whether to lend to individuals who lack a credit score because they may never have had a credit card or .
- It's hard to assess in a young child because no one this young has been treated with estrogen.
- I don't think you can ever assess your work.
News & Articles
- County to assess oilfield equipment
Commissioners this week greenlighted County Assessor Janell Enlow’s request to hire outside expertise, to begin a Phase 1 physical assessment of oil and gas transfer facilities in the county and approximately 1/3 of all the commercial enterprises.
June 15, 2013 - Sapulpa Daily Herald
- NWS Assess the Damage
BELMOND, IA – The National Weather Service from Des Moines came to the Belmond area to assess the damage that was done by the tornado that hit the area.
June 13, 2013 - KIMT Mason City
- Utilizing The Saffir-Simpson Wind Scale, Let's Assess The Damage Done By Hurricane Nia
The National Climactic Data Center reported that extreme weather caused $110 billion worth of damage to the United States last year, but they've yet to assess the cost associated with the Northwest's recent Hurricane Nia. We should all brace ourselves for the worst. Nia swept through Portland during this season of "Real World," leaving much of [...]
June 13, 2013 - MTV
- John McCain in FOXNews
I think those statements are wildly inaccurate, and there's no excuse for them,McCain said on ABC's "This Week." "The fact is that I think that Mr. Steele is going to have to assess as to whether he can still lead the Republican Party as...
- Condoleezza Rice in USA Today
We're going to take our time and assess what further consequences there should be to the relationship,Rice said.
- Ben Bernanke in Bloomberg
It remains too early to assess the extent to which household and business spending will be affected,Bernanke said in a speech to the Economic Club of New York late yesterday.