- n the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on
- n a pompous fool
- n hardy and sure-footed animal smaller and with longer ears than the horse
- n slang for sexual intercourse
- v evaluate or estimate the nature, quality, ability, extent, or significance of
- v charge (a person or a property) with a payment, such as a tax or a fine
- v set or determine the amount of (a payment such as a fine)
- v estimate the value of (property) for taxation
Our house hasn't been assessed in years
- I don't think you can ever assess your work.
- Banks once sought out such information as rent-payment histories to assess whether to lend to individuals who lack a credit score because they may never have had a credit card or .
- It's hard to assess in a young child because no one this young has been treated with estrogen.
News & Articles
- County to assess oilfield equipment
Commissioners this week greenlighted County Assessor Janell Enlow’s request to hire outside expertise, to begin a Phase 1 physical assessment of oil and gas transfer facilities in the county and approximately 1/3 of all the commercial enterprises.
June 15, 2013 - Sapulpa Daily Herald
- So. Baptists Vote for Members to 'Prayerfully Assess' Boy Scouts of America Relationship
The Southern Baptist Convention voted Wednesday to approve a resolution that expresses the denomination's "opposition to and disappointment in the decision of the Boy Scouts of America to change its membership policy" to allow openly-homosexual members. The resolution does not require churches and families to sever their ties with the BSA, though it does ask that they "prayerfully assess their ...
June 13, 2013 - The Christian Post
- EU regulators put Visa Europe's antitrust concessions to rivals
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - EU regulators asked Visa Europe's customers and rivals to assess its offer to cap inter-bank credit card fees at the same level as competitor MasterCard , a concession intended to end an antitrust investigation and avoid a possible fine. Visa Europe, which is the European licensee of Visa Inc. and is owned and operated by more than 3,700 European banks, found itself the ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Ben Bernanke in Bloomberg
It remains too early to assess the extent to which household and business spending will be affected,Bernanke said in a speech to the Economic Club of New York late yesterday.
- John McCain in FOXNews
I think those statements are wildly inaccurate, and there's no excuse for them,McCain said on ABC's "This Week." "The fact is that I think that Mr. Steele is going to have to assess as to whether he can still lead the Republican Party as...
- Condoleezza Rice in USA Today
We're going to take our time and assess what further consequences there should be to the relationship,Rice said.