- n a numerical quantity measured or assigned or computed
the value assigned was 16 milliseconds
- n the quality (positive or negative) that renders something desirable or valuable
the Shakespearean Shylock is of dubious value in the modern world
- n the amount (of money or goods or services) that is considered to be a fair equivalent for something else
he tried to estimate the value of the produce at normal prices
- n relative darkness or lightness of a color
I establish the colors and principal values by organizing the painting into three values--dark, medium...and light"-Joe Hing Lowe
- n (music) the relative duration of a musical note
- n an ideal accepted by some individual or group
he has old-fashioned values
- v fix or determine the value of; assign a value to
value the jewelry and art work in the estate
- v hold dear
- v regard highly; think much of
- v evaluate or estimate the nature, quality, ability, extent, or significance of
- v estimate the value of
- Well isn't part of that valuation based on whether or not the mortgages themselves have value? And if a bank forecloses on a house and then resells it doesn't that affect the value .
- But that value--as measured by what the property would rent for--hasn't been going up anything like the 20% or 30% or 40% a year that some houses have appreciated recently.
- The financial crisis means that some currencies have suddenly plummeted in value, making expensive destinations surprisingly affordable for Americans.
News & Articles
- Value investor Nygren bullish on Apple, still avoiding Dell
By Sam Forgione CHICAGO (Reuters) - William Nygren, a top manager at Oakmark Funds, said on Wednesday he remains bullish on Apple Inc and Bank of America Corp, but is still avoiding Dell Inc in light of the company's plans to take the computer maker private. Nygren, a noted value investor who runs the $9.6 billion Oakmark Fund, said at the Morningstar Investment Conference in Chicago that Apple ...
June 13, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Nucleus Research Value Matrix Finds CPM Leaders Evolving Beyond Basic Financial Management
Nucleus Research released the 2013 first half Technology Value Matrix for Corporate Performance Management , finding strong growth for mid-market CPM solutions as vendors deliver rich new features at lower costs through cloud delivery.
June 12, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Mobile Value-added Services (VAS) in the Cloud: Security Challenges, Market Opportunities and Forecasts 2013 - 2018
NEW YORK, June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue: Mobile Value-added Services (VAS) in the Cloud: Security Challenges, ...
June 12, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- John McCain in Bloomberg
I would order the secretary of Treasury to immediately buy up the bad home-loan mortgages in America and renegotiate at the new value of those homes,McCain said tonight during their second debate, a town hall-style forum at Belmont University...
- Ben Bernanke in CNNMoney.com
The challenges that our economy has faced over the past year or so have generated some downward pressures on the foreign exchange value of the dollar, which have contributed to the unwelcome rise in import prices and consumer price inflation,...
- George Osborne in FOXNews
George Osborne, the head of Britain's Treasury, has stated that everyone - including Obama - needs to "remember the economic value BP brings to people in Britain and America."