- n (usually preceded by `in') a detail or point
it differs in that respect
- n the condition of being honored (esteemed or respected or well regarded)
- n an attitude of admiration or esteem
she lost all respect for him
- n a courteous expression (by word or deed) of esteem or regard
be sure to give my respects to the dean
- n behavior intended to please your parents
he went to law school out of respect for his father's wishes
- n a feeling of friendship and esteem
he inspires respect
- n courteous regard for people's feelings
out of respect for his privacy
- v regard highly; think much of
I respect his judgement
- v show respect towards
- Still, the Michigan Democrat has gained respect from both parties for his attention to detail and deep knowledge of policy, especially in his role as a vigilant monitor of .
- A show of respect for an elder counterpoint doesn't cut it, in light of the nearly identical ages of the Saudi king and the British queen.
- With Kanye West stealing a microphone and a congressman calling the President a liar, Ze Frank offers some new rules for respect.
News & Articles
- U.S. tells Iran to respect people's will after election
By Jeff Mason WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States urged Tehran on Saturday to "heed the will of the Iranian people" after Iranians elected moderate cleric Hassan Rohani to be their country's next president. "We respect the vote of the Iranian people and congratulate them for their participation in the political process, and their courage in making their voices heard," the White House said ...
June 15, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Blatter calls for respect as fans jeer president
BRASILIA, Brazil (AP) -- FIFA President Sepp Blatter called for ''respect'' and ''fair play'' after fans loudly jeered him and Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff before the Confederations Cup opener between Brazil and Japan.
June 15, 2013 - The Associated Press via Yahoo! Sports
- Respect, Reflect and Remember Day at Montvale's Fieldstone School
Montvale - Fieldstone Middle School's, "Respect, Reflect and Remember Day" once again fulfilled its mission: to have students respect, understand and appreciate the challenges that the speakers have faced and how they have successfully met those challenges; to have students reflect on how the speakers' messages can impact their own lives, and have the students understand how they can positively ...
June 13, 2013 - The Record
- Donnie Walsh in The Associated Press
We are disappointed that LeBron James did not pick the New York Knicks, but we respect his decision,Knicks president Donnie Walsh said late Thursday.
- Barack Obama in Washington Post
Obama said he came to Cairo "to seek a new beginning between the United States and Muslims around the world; one based upon mutual interest and mutual respect; and one based upon the truth that America and Islam are not exclusive, and need not be in...