observe : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v discover or determine the existence, presence, or fact of
- v make mention of
She observed that his presentation took up too much time
- v observe with care or pay close attention to
- v watch attentively
Please observe the reaction of these two chemicals
- v show respect towards
- v behave as expected during of holidays or rites
- v follow with the eyes or the mind
- v stick to correctly or closely
- v conform one's action or practice to
- President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama observed a moment of silence in honor of 911 victims outside the White House as a single bugler played taps.
- Over the past decade the photographer Sebastio Salgado traveled across five continents to observe the great relocations of people caused by war, famine and the whiplashings of .
- Someone who wants to observe may present the attached letter in addition to the official observer certificate, but they must have the official observer certificate to legally gain .
News & Articles
- Gitmo lawsuit: End forced feedings
With the holy month of Ramadan approaching, lawyers for four Guantanamo Bay captives are trying to end forced-feeding practices at the U.S. detention facility in Cuba. Shaker Aamer, Ahmed Belbacha, Nabil Hadjarab and Abu Wa'el Dhiab seek a speedy hearing to have their complaint heard because Ramadan begins on the evening of July 8. The timing is urgent because Muslims who observe Ramadan fast ...
July 2, 2013 - KSAT San Antonio
- GSU Closed Thursday, Friday to Observe Fourth of July
Grambling State University will be closed on Thursday and Friday to observe the Fourth of July holiday.
July 1, 2013 - NBC 10 - FOX 14 Monroe
- What’s open; closed on July 4
Here’s how the following will observe Independence Day on Thursday:
July 1, 2013 - The Charlotte Observer
- John McCain in International Herald Tribune
McCain replied: "I don't think I did anything that any other American wouldn't do and the great honor and privilege of my life was to serve in the company of heroes and to observe a thousand acts of courage and compassion and love."
- Jean-Claude Trichet in Washington Post
We have the feeling - but we will continue to observe that with great attention - that what is needed in terms of level of interventions on our part has been progressively diminishing,Trichet said.
- Vice President Dick Cheney in Guardian Unlimited
Our conduct of our military today and throughout our nation's history makes this country very proud,Cheney said. "It is our prayer they will return in victory, safely home, to live out their lives and be here to observe many Veterans Days...