- n an expression of lack of respect
- n a disrespectful mental attitude
- n a manner that is generally disrespectful and contemptuous
- v show a lack of respect for
- v have little or no respect for; hold in contempt
- But while mocking his opponent on a few occasions, which reflected his acute disrespect for Obama, he did so in an insufficiently sharp and detailed manner and unevenly worked .
- But Author MacNeice does his best work when he is laughing up his Celtic sleeve at the cordial disrespect with which the general run of things inspires him.
- Offense: While mocking his opponent on a few occasions, which reflected his acute disrespect for Obama, he did so in an insufficiently sharp and detailed manner -- and unevenly .
News & Articles
- House Republican Leadership Tested on Anti-Abortion Bill
An abortion-ban vote in the U.S. House and the sponsor’s comment about rape are opening Republican congressional leaders, most of whom are men, to fresh criticism from Democrats that they disrespect women.
June 18, 2013 - Bloomberg
- Disrespect to veterans
Re: Jerry Wilder’s June 13 letter, “Veterans benefits”: It is disrespectful to all Vietnam veterans to still be downgraded by those that have no idea of what these men and women went through and are still going through today.
June 17, 2013 - Ventura County Star
- 'Food Network Star' recap: Strike three, Danushka's out
Food Network Starfans, take note: You can disrespect the audience, but not an Iron Chef.
June 17, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Kenny Chesney in USA Today
I was surprised that Gregory Havret was the guy closest to me. No disrespect to Gregory, he's a great player, but when you have Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson and Ernie Els obviously there, you're not expecting Gregory Havret to be the guy you've... Graeme McDowell http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graeme_McDowell&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH_A_ZuoN9aqrIt_QpbAiEr7uhimQ The Associated Press http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gLIx4kEoIpTouya-o1JKQ_0BlMzgD9GFJ6P80&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFaTCC34S252SmG9hgeF87kc_BTxA Jun 21, 2010
28855 37605 disrespect They took it from what the award really represents into a sweepstakes to see who can push people's buttons the hardest on the Internet," said Chesney, who won the award for the fourth straight time. "It's complete disrespect of the artist,...
- David Bonior in San Diego Union Tribune
Asked whether the affair would damage Edwards' future aspirations in public service, Bonior replied: "You can't lie in politics and expect to have people's confidence." "I think this president has shown a remarkable disrespect for his office,...