- n accumulated wealth in the form of money or jewels etc.
the pirates hid their treasure on a small island in the West Indies
- n art highly prized for its beauty or perfection
- n any possession that is highly valued by its owner
the children returned from the seashore with their shells and other treasures
- n a collection of precious things
the trunk held all her meager treasures
- v hold dear
- v be fond of; be attached to
- An Indian village findsand keepsa 4,000-year-old treasure trove.
- High politics and hidden treasure .
- An amateur treasure hunter prowling English farmland with a metal detector stumbled upon what has been described as the largest Anglo-Saxon treasure ever discovered.
- President Bush in 940 News
WASHINGTON - President George W. Bush says he has no doubts about launching the unpopular war in Iraq, despite the "high cost in lives and treasure," arguing retreat now would embolden Iran and provide al-Qaida with money for weapons of mass...
- John Adams in The Messenger (subscription)
John Adams, second president of the USA and vice president under George Washington, is quoted as saying, "I am well aware of the toil and blood and treasure it will cost us to maintain this declaration, and support and defend these states. Yet...
- Theo Epstein in USA Today
Today what we're really doing is announcing the signing of a national treasure,Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein said. "We understand his importance in Japan. We know what he represents. To the fans in Japan, we pledge to do everything...