- n a large number or amount
- n a small mass of soft material
- n (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
- n a wad of something chewable as tobacco
- v compress into a wad
- v crowd or pack to capacity
- Industry observers say it runs into millions of dollars' worth of freebies, company stock and raw cashin one case, wads of bills delivered in shopping bags.
- For example, the number of a Swiss bank account that contains wads of cash, fraudulent passports and a revolver.
- And while video evidence has shown prominent politicians stacking wads of dollar bills into briefcases or extorting businessmen, the same candidates keep beating the courts and .
News & Articles
- Global Trade Protectionism Surges To Post-Crisis Highs
World trade volume growth is languishing at a mere 1.3% YoY - a level only seen worse during the 2000/1 and 2008/9 global crises. Central banks have shot their wads to the point of no return. Governments have hit a peak-debt wall of fiscal irresponsibility. So what's left in the great depression playbook... why protectionism of course. As Bloomberg's Niraj Shah notes, global trade protectionism ...
June 13, 2013 - Zero Hedge
- Michael A. Brown has the pictures to prove it
It's not just about the two huge wads of cash that's disappointing about Michael Brown. It's the fact that, like many people, I thought deep down Brown was a well-meaning public servant with a few personal issues that eventually he would grow out of.
June 11, 2013 - Washington Post
- Jim Bouton in SI.com
We also have a gambler routine, where actors with wads of money try to talk to players during the game and they get chased off,Bouton said in a telephone interview.
- David Letterman in CTV.ca
On The Late Show with David Letterman, Letterman said: "The guy who got gunned down, he is a Republican lawyer and a big Republican donor and fortunately the buckshot was deflected by wads of laundered cash. So he's fine. He took a little in the...
- John Daly in Sydney Morning Herald
Daly replied: "Veej, I'm so used to going through divorces, losing wads of money at casinos, trying to pay bills, trying to pay my taxes, trying to pay the alimony, trying to keep my weight down and taking care of kids, do you really think I've got...