loads : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a large number or amount
- n weight to be borne or conveyed
- n a quantity that can be processed or transported at one time
the system broke down under excessive loads
- n goods carried by a large vehicle
- n an amount of alcohol sufficient to intoxicate
- n the power output of a generator or power plant
- n an onerous or difficult concern
- n a deposit of valuable ore occurring within definite boundaries separating it from surrounding rocks
- n the front part of a guided missile or rocket or torpedo that carries the nuclear or explosive charge or the chemical or biological agents
- n electrical device to which electrical power is delivered
- v fill or place a load on
- v provide (a device) with something necessary
- v transfer from a storage device to a computer's memory
- v put (something) on a structure or conveyance
- v corrupt, debase, or make impure by adding a foreign or inferior substance; often by replacing valuable ingredients with inferior ones
- Its look and feel are only slightly improved, but a faster network loads Web pages more quickly, true GPS functionality allows it to easily find places nearby, and the new $199 .
- When the engine is running at light loads, it's logical to shut down unneeded cylinders to save fuel, like turning off lights in unused rooms.
- Rather, wash your clothes in warm water instead of hot, and save up to launder a few big loads instead of many smaller ones.
News & Articles
- Heroin, economy impact court case loads
Heroin and the recession have had a big impact on case loads in the common pleas, municipal and county courts in Butler and Warren counties. Ask judges and police in Butler County why criminal cases are down 8 percent from five years ago and they’ll say the sputtering economy has shaved dozens of officers off the streets, so there are fewer arrests. Ask the prosecutor and judges in Warren County ...
June 12, 2013 - Today's Pulse
- NFL pulse: Bill Belichick stays in character, Manti Te'o speaks and more
Bill Belichick never breaks character. Loads of TV news trucks and other reporters made their way to New England to ask Belichick about Tim Tebow . If you know Belichick at all, you knew those reporters were not going to have any luck getting anything useful out of him. "Belichick's responses to today's questions were so vintage Belichick that you wouldn't even have any idea what year this video ...
June 12, 2013 - SB Nation
- Jourdan Dunn Shows Off Her New Highlighter Bright Gucci Sneakers (#SummerTimeFly)
When you're a super model you get loads of cool fashion pieces for free... We get it. But it doesn't make us any less jealous that Jourdan Dunn owns not one, not two, but three pairs of Gucci neon sneakers.... More »
June 12, 2013 - The Atlanta Post
- Paul Gascoigne in Telegraph.co.uk
Paul Gascoigne, who played under Sir Bobby for England during Italia 1990, said: "I'm speechless. I'm devastated. Bobby was like my second dad. I was like a son to him. I've had loads of texts from football players, managers, everybody."
- Retief Goosen in Chicago Tribune
I've seen loads of Advils flying around for back pain, but I have not seen anything else,Goosen said.