lots : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a large number or amount
made lots of new friends
- n (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
- n a parcel of land having fixed boundaries
- n an unofficial association of people or groups
- n your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you)
- n anything (straws or pebbles etc.) taken or chosen at random
they drew lots for it
- n any collection in its entirety
- n (Old Testament) nephew of Abraham; God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah but chose to spare Lot and his family who were told to flee without looking back at the destruction
- v divide into lots, as of land, for example
- v administer or bestow, as in small portions
- r to a very great degree or extent
- I hope to write lots and lots of children's books through the years.
- But a lot of economists outside government believe that the real problem is that lots and lots of financial institutions are insolvent--their losses, if they actually recognized .
News & Articles
- Big Lots opens Norwich store
Nnorwich is the Big Lots chain’s 13th Connecticut location and anchors one end of the newly refurbished Norwichtown Commons shopping plaza at 42 Town St.
June 21, 2013 - The Norwich Bulletin
- In SEC filing, Big Lots says it canned general counsel
Big Lots has fired its general counsel. According to a notice filed yesterday with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, the Columbus-based retailer announced that it had terminated the employment of Charles W. Haubiel II on Monday.
June 21, 2013 - The Columbus Dispatch
- Big Lots to open store in Lutherville
Big Lots, the closeout retailer, is opening a new store at Lutherville Station.
June 20, 2013 - Baltimore Sun
- David Petraeus in Right Pundits
General David Petraeus said, "There is stunning potential here. There are lots of ifs, of course, but I think potentially it is hugely significant."
- Tony Gwynn in Forbes
There was lots of smoke,Gwynn said. "It was still dark, but you could see ash falling everywhere. Trees were down and the power had just went off when we left."
- Max Clifford in Telegraph.co.uk
Mr Clifford added: "It was a very heart-rending, happy ceremony. There were lots of tears and lots of smiles. She looked absolutely beautiful."