- n something determined in relation to something that includes it
I read a portion of the manuscript
- n something less than the whole of a human artifact
- n the allotment of some amount by dividing something
- n assets belonging to or due to or contributed by an individual person or group
- n your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you)
success that was her portion
- n money or property brought by a woman to her husband at marriage
- n an individual quantity of food or drink taken as part of a meal
his portion was larger than hers
- v give out
- Maggie and Terre Roche flirted with fame once before and have logged a fair portion of time in the psychic danger zone.
- Doctors with scores in the bottom quartile on the test's communication-related portion had 70% more legitimate complaints per year of practice than the top-quartile performers; the .
- Ahrendts manages a good portion of the women's labels and all of the men's.
News & Articles
- Portion of the Sioux Falls bike trail to be closed Thursday
A portion of the Sioux Falls bike trail will remain closed tomorrow. Crews from Sioux Falls Public Works will be back out at Yankton Trail Park, clearing debris from the river banks near the east side parking lot.
June 13, 2013 - KSFY Sioux Falls
- Gas tanker overturns into ditch, closes portion of I-55
A gas tanker accident caused a portion of Interstate 55 to close overnight in Lincoln County. According to Mississippi Highway Patrol, an 18-wheeler hauling fuel overturned into a ditch along I-55 north between Summit and Bogue Chitto Wednesday, just after 3 p.m. Highway patrol authorities said one lane was initially closed then later, in the overnight hours, both were closed for a portion of ...
June 13, 2013 - WAPT Jackson
- Portion of Spivey Rd to close
A portion of Spivey Road in Catoosa County will be closed for construction starting June 17.
June 12, 2013 - WRCB Chattanooga
- Guillermo del Toro in The Guardian
It's not greenlit,Del Toro said last month. "That's categorical. We've been caught in a very tangled negotiation. There cannot be any start dates until the MGM [financial] situation gets resolved. They do hold a considerable portion of the...
- President Bush in Forbes
I respect the jury's verdict,Bush said in a statement. "But I have concluded that the prison sentence given to Mr. Libby is excessive. Therefore, I am commuting the portion of Mr. Libby's sentence that required him to spend thirty months...