dispense : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v administer or bestow, as in small portions
the machine dispenses soft drinks
- v grant a dispensation; grant an exemption
I was dispensed from this terrible task
- v give or apply (medications)
- In the hinterland, where there are few landlines, let alone ATMs, the founder of SKS Microfinance is starting to dispense loans, typically $116, on smart cards, which its loan .
- Most commercial ice cream machines dispense pre-frozen desserts.
- He can tell you all about cross-contamination, the common misspellings of penicillin and the "pharmaceutical fold" used by chemists for centuries to dispense medicines--and by .
News & Articles
- Members Of School Board Fail hiring 101
Let's dispense with the introductions and proceed directly to the apologies, shall we? The Clark County School Board embarrassed itself and its choice for district superintendent when it rushed to appoint veteran administrator Pat Skorkowsky to the job
June 12, 2013 - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- PETA Offers Online MMA Game Featuring UFC Stars
PETA is showing a vigilante streak, calling on fighters to dispense justice. The animal rights group has released a free online game that allows players to run amok through a variety of settings where animals are being abused, dispatching cruel scientists and evil military personnel along the way. The avatars that players control to get the job done? Why, none other than a trio of vegetarian MMA ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Sempermed Introduces Smart Dispense Technology, Single Glove Delivery™
CLEARWATER, Fla., June 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Sempermed USA , one of the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of disposable hand protection, announced the introduction of a new Smart Dispense ...
June 10, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- John Travolta in CNN
This role as an actor gave me the chance to dispense with all moral and ethical limitations, and explore just how bad this character could really be,Travolta said.
- Andrea in Register
The attempts by some countries to dispense with the Kyoto Protocol altogether has generated avoidable misgivings and has been strongly resisted by all developing countries without exception. We hope that a legally valid instrument to which we too... Manmohan Singh http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manmohan_Singh&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNH6ZyRkwy1bOgMraS9dZn9q9TYvkg Hindustan Times http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.hindustantimes.com/world/Time-to-act-on-arresting-climate-change-not-argue-about-level-playing-fields-PM/481233/H1-Article1-481087.aspx&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNG2uhPcTn2xXbrHUTuwM3g_ddWfKw Nov 28, 2009
28728 37515 dispense ATM crime is likely to become even more attractive as the latest generation of ATMs is designed to dispense other services and products such as phone top ups and stamps," said Andrea Pirotti, executive director at ENISA. "The first line of...