mess : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a state of confusion and disorderliness
the house was a mess
- n informal terms for a difficult situation
- n soft semiliquid food
a mess of porridge
- n a meal eaten in a mess hall by service personnel
- n a (large) military dining room where service personnel eat or relax
- n (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
- v eat in a mess hall
- v make a mess of or create disorder in
He messed up his room
- Abrahamson, a scholar of organizational behavior who admits to being a bit of a mess, says the costs of maintaining order are often overlooked.
- Becoming a real mess? When was it ever NOT a real mess? I think we should withdraw, and we should bribe warlords to keep them in line.
- We are not cleaning up our own mess.
News & Articles
- Semi Rollover in Salt Lake County Leaves Mess on Roadway
(KUTV) A semi rollover in Salt Lake County slowed traffic during rush hour and left a mess on the roadway. The tanker was hauling asphalt slurry seal when the driver lost control, causing the truck to roll onto its side around 5:30pm Monday. Some of the slurry leaked onto I-215 near 4700 South. ...
June 18, 2013 - KUTV Salt Lake City
- Walter Mess | WW II American spy, 98
Walter Mess, 98, an American spy who captained a speedboat that ferried agents to and from secret missions in the China-Burma-India theater of World War II, died May 26 in Alexandria, Va. The cause was end-stage chronic renal failure, said his son, Walter Mess Jr.
June 17, 2013 - Philly.com
- Walter Mess, ‘taxi driver’ of World War II spies
Walter Mess, an American spy who captained a speedboat that ferried agents to and from secret missions in the China-Burma-India theater of World War II, died May 26 in Alexandria, Va. He was 98.
June 16, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Barack Obama in The Associated Press
This is a choice between the policies that led us into the mess or the policies that are leading us out of the mess,Obama said at a rally for Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid. "It's a choice between falling backward and moving forward."