muss : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a state of confusion and disorderliness
she smoothed the mussiness of the bed
- n type genus of the Muridae: common house mice; the tips of the upper incisors have a square notch
- v make messy or untidy
the child mussed up my hair
- No muss, no fuss: Just current conditions and the five-day forecast, by city or ZIP code, without ads or other distractions.
- He fires high-ranking subordinates without muss or controversy an Air Force secretary and chief of staff who didn't agree with him on the need to end production of the F-22 .
- Don't be afraid to muss 'em up.
News & Articles
- State officials work to slow down non-native zebra mussel migration
LEWISVILLE, Texas—Carl Pearson dusts cobwebs off his boat as he prepares to push off into Lewisville Lake for some summer relaxation. At a nearby boat ramp a sign reminds him he’ll need to clean off more than cobwebs when he returns to shore: It’s illegal to transport zebra muss...
July 5, 2013 - Texarkana Gazette
- Temuera Morrison in Stuff.co.nz
People go: 'There's Jake the Muss, there's Jake the Muss'. Someone will be telling their son: 'There's Jake the Muss, son',Morrison told Sunday News. "Sometimes I feel like, 'Not today mate, not today'. Like when I am doing the washing, I...
- Jim Boylen in KSL-TV
I said I wanted to take a walk-on from the student body - from the MUSS - to add some depth,Boylen said. "We ended up taking two - a point guard and a big guy. The tryouts went very well. We had a good number of guys try out and there was...
- Barack Obama in New York Times
You can't muss my hair,Mr. Obama told Mr. Letterman after reading the list, in a reference to the talk show host's friendly teasing of Mr. Edwards' hair earlier in the week.