- n a flat float (usually made of logs or planks) that can be used for transport or as a platform for swimmers
- n (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
- v transport on a raft
raft wood down a river
- v travel by raft in water
- v make into a raft
raft these logs
- Six days into a rafting trip down the Franklin River in Tasmania's southwest, you'd think getting wet wouldn't worry me.
- The seagoing raft Kon-Tiki, modeled after an ancient Peruvian balsa, is carrying six Scandinavian adventurer-anthropologists on a voyage of historical induction (PTI, April 21).
- Sure, you could roll off your raft and swim over, but wouldn't it be smoother to point your lounger in the right direction and just float on by?.
News & Articles
- Yahoo's spending spree continues: conference call and photo apps, Sky News streaming deal
After blowing $1.1 billion on Tumblr , we'd assumed that Yahoo would need a lie down in a darkened room while its accountants hunted around for more cash . Turns out that it was just the first in a raft of new deals that the company has made in the last week. First up, the search firm has splashed out on free conference-calling service Rondee, which has been folded into Yahoo's small business ...
June 13, 2013 - Engadget
- Apple's new iOS 7: 10 new features
SAN FRANCISCO -- Apple announced a raft of new features coming to its iOS software, which runs the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. Here's a look at 10 new features in the iOS 7 software, which is expected to be available to consumers in the fall: 1. Control Center: You'll be able to swipe up from any screen to immediately jump into system settings such as Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
June 11, 2013 - The Arizona Republic
- Summer Raft Races Officially Return!
Raft lovers hit the water for a good time on Saturday.
June 9, 2013 - WTOK-TV Meridian
- Tony Abbott in Sydney Morning Herald
The transcript shows that Mr Abbott said: "I accept that certain protections (in inverted commas) are not what they were. That whole raft of regulation expressed in awards that sometimes ran into hundreds, even thousands of pages, I accept that that...
- David Walliams in What's On TV
Going into slightly more detail, David explained: "It's a whole new show. We've taken the best of our British characters from our seasons in England and then we've added a whole new raft of American characters so it's very fresh and it's really...
- Richard Lugar in USA Today
The facts are that the United States has to work with Russia on Iran, on nuclear problems of proliferation, on a whole raft of trade issues at a time in which the United States has a huge domestic deficit,said Sen. Richard Lugar, the senior...