- n metal or earthenware cooking vessel that is usually round and deep; often has a handle and lid
- n a plumbing fixture for defecation and urination
- n the quantity contained in a pot
- n a container in which plants are cultivated
- n (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
- n the cumulative amount involved in a game (such as poker)
- n slang for a paunch
- n a resistor with three terminals, the third being an adjustable center terminal; used to adjust voltages in radios and TV sets
- n street names for marijuana
- v plant in a pot
He potted the palm
- Is pot good for sex? A lot of people believe it is.
- I never smoked pot in junior high because I was convinced it would shrivel my incipient manhood.
- DUCT An automatic vacuum coffee pot, due out this week, that Starbucks is marketing as the "pre-eminent coffee experience" HOW IT STARTED Europeans have been brewing coffee in .
News & Articles
- More rules sought to keep recreational pot from kids
Trying to limit youth access to pot is a daunting challenge faced by state officials writing rules for a legal adult marijuana system. The alcohol and tobacco industries provide some lessons for public-health advocates. But not all apply to pot.
June 13, 2013 - Seattle Times
- Pot Shots: LA voters might have passed a...
LA voters might have passed a ballot measure last month that regulates marijuana dispensaries in the city, but the federal government appears to be having none of it: yesterday 103 pot shops across LA County were targeted with letters warning...
June 12, 2013 - Curbed LA
- Police: Man gives pot to elderly mother, wrestles naked with officer
An Advance man is facing several charges after allegedly giving pot to his mother and wrestling naked with a police officer.
June 12, 2013 - KFVS 12 Cape Girardeau
- Paris Hilton in Times LIVE
It's not hard to fathom Paris smoking pot, it's the doing it in the midst of the world's biggest sporting event, in public, blatantly enough to get caught, part that made it dubious. Again, Paris is not dumb,the article said. "It doesn't...
- Greg Nickels in SportingNews.com
I think if we had a group the caliber of one led by Steve Ballmer and we had an arena pot with $300 million available in it, the NBA would have a hard time abandoning a city that's always had pro basketball -- at least for the last 41 years,...
- Jason Alexander in The Associated Press
More for my pot,said actor Jason Alexander after finishing the first level of play with a full house.