- n any plant that crowds out cultivated plants
- n a black band worn by a man (on the arm or hat) as a sign of mourning
- n street names for marijuana
- v clear of weeds
weed the garden
- Their company, Aresa, a Copenhagen-based biotech start-up, has genetically modified a common weed called thale-cress so that its leaves turn red when the plant comes in contact .
- Jarne Elleholm is trying to get a genetically modified weed to grow bigger to potentially save thousands of lives.
- Presidential Spokesman Robert Gibbs today tried to define "wee weed up," the phrase Barack Obama employed on Thursday to describe the excited anxiety that Washington tends to .
- Mitt Romney in MiamiHerald.com
The right course is the one championed by Ronald Reagan 30 years ago, and by John McCain today,Romney said in a prepared text released in advance. "It is to rein in government spending and lower taxes, for taking a weed-whacker to...
- Matthew Hayden in International Herald Tribune
It's been a bit of a long battle with Harbhajan. The first time I ever met him he was the same little obnoxious weed that he is now,Hayden told the radio station. "His record speaks for itself in cricket. There is a certain line that you...
- Josh Howard in Chicago Sun-Times
I just let him know that most of the players in the league use marijuana, and I have and do partake in smoking weed in the offseason sometimes and that's my personal choice and my personal opinion,Howard said last month. "But I don't think...