stack : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an orderly pile
- n (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
- n a list in which the next item to be removed is the item most recently stored (LIFO)
- n a large tall chimney through which combustion gases and smoke can be evacuated
- n a storage device that handles data so that the next item to be retrieved is the item most recently stored (LIFO)
- v load or cover with stacks
stack a truck with boxes
- v arrange in stacks
stack your books up on the shelves
- v arrange the order of so as to increase one's winning chances
stack the deck of cards
- Another big stack of pages is causing concern over at the Senate Armed Services Committee, which is investigating abuses at Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison.
- So Japanese architects Kazuyo Sejima and Ryue Nishizawa gave it a home that's part funky, part shimmery, an asymmetrical stack of boxes covered by a honeycomb of aluminum.
- How do the world's most influential people in government, science, technology and the arts stack up against one another? Your ratings and overall votes for each finalist are .
News & Articles
- Robert Stack 300SL Roadster to be Sold to Highest Bidder at Auctions America's Debut California Sale
AUBURN, Ind., June 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Alert the Untouchables fans, Auctions America will offer the 1960 Mercedes-Benz 300SL Roadster originally purchased by Desi Arnaz for actor Robert Stack at its ...
June 21, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Following Faith
Peggy Fletcher Stack has been producing stories for The Salt Lake Tribune's award-winning Faith section for nearly two decades. Writing about contemporary faith, rituals, and spirituality as well as religion's conflicts and cohesion has always been Stack's passion.
June 21, 2013 - The Salt Lake Tribune
- Stack's plan is now reality, says reader
Union City Mayor Brian Stack delivers a statement.Jersey Journal file photo Recently, I was blessed to partake in some momentous evenings in Union City's history. Seeing our first female police captain being promoted was very special, and hearing scholars in...
June 16, 2013 - The Jersey Journal
- Jose Canseco in USA Today
The report goes on to say that Canseco told Mitchell's staff "he had numerous conversations with Clemens about the benefits of Deca-Durabolin and Winstrol and how to 'cycle' and 'stack' steroids."
- Bindi Irwin in Forbes
I'm proud to be showing kids that conservation and helping wildlife is a stack of fun,the 8-year-old Bindi said Friday at the Australian launch of "Bindi: The Jungle Girl."
- John Sentamu in USA Today
Kate and Gerry have been treated unjustly and inhumanely, because the evidence does not stack up at all,Sentamu told British Broadcasting Corp. radio.