mountain : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a land mass that projects well above its surroundings; higher than a hill
- n (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
- Why not build a mountain? So with an earth leveler, he pushed the soil into a 60-ft.
- Symbolically swathed in the robe of the Buddha, the mountain was thereby made sacred.
- A thousand feet below the mountain's peak, a tunneling machine called the "Yucca Mucker" has bored a 25-ft.
News & Articles
- Mountain Stage anniversary commemorated in art
CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- "Mountain Stage" assistant producer Vasilia Scouras said its hard not to notice that 2013 is a big year for anniversaries. Its the 150th birthday for West Virginia, and "Mountain Stage" is marking 30 years on the ...
June 16, 2013 - The Charleston Gazette
- Mountain State Fugitive Task Force Arrests Randy Savors
The Mountain State Fugitive Task Force says Randy Savors Jr. was arrested last night based on a tip.
June 15, 2013 - WTRF Wheeling
- Mountain View: 2 San Jose men arrested after car chase
Police in Mountain View arrested two San Jose men after a car chase Thursday night, police said. At about 8 p.m., an officer initiated a traffic stop at El Camino Real and Grant Road when the driver of the 1995 white Honda Civic, 31-year-old David Antonio Perez, kept driving, according to police.
June 15, 2013 - Contra Costa Times
- Donovan in IndyPosted
Soccer can be a cruel game,Donovan said. "Sometimes you're at the top and sometimes you are at the bottom of the mountain."
- Daniel Day-Lewis in CNN
In `Brokeback Mountain,' he was unique, he was perfect,said Day-Lewis, already an Oscar winner for "My Left Foot." "That scene in the trailer at the end of the film is as moving as anything I think I've ever seen."
- Helen Clark in BBC News
The only way this century will be another American century is if we confront at last the price of our dependence on oil and the high cost of health care, the schools that aren't preparing our children and the mountain of debt they stand to... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA San Diego Union Tribune http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/feb/24/obama-speech-022409/%3FzIndex%3D57580&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFaqHsjmCZYFWYWpJlzT-ZfQ5hnnA Feb 24, 2009
65557 87064 mountaineer The legendary mountaineer, adventurer, and philanthropist is the best-known New Zealander ever to have lived," Ms Clark said in a statement. "But most of all he was a quintessential Kiwi. He was ours - from his craggy appearance to laconic...