mass : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n the property of a body that causes it to have weight in a gravitational field
- n (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
- n an ill-structured collection of similar things (objects or people)
- n (Roman Catholic Church and Protestant Churches) the celebration of the Eucharist
- n a body of matter without definite shape
a huge ice mass
- n the common people generally
separate the warriors from the mass
- n the property of something that is great in magnitude
he received a mass of correspondence
- n a musical setting for a Mass
- n a sequence of prayers constituting the Christian Eucharistic rite
- v join together into a mass or collect or form a mass
Crowds were massing outside the palace
- s formed of separate units gathered into a mass or whole
- A number of other Catholic schools fall into the mass-production or good-small categories.
News & Articles
- Mass. man dies a after crash caused by texting
BRIDGEWATER, Mass. (AP) — A West Bridgewater man police say was texting when he was involved in a car crash last week has died.
June 17, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Mass Grave in Washington DC Contains Over One Million Bones
The National Mall in Washington DC recently became the home of a mass grave that contained more than one million bones. While these particular bones may not be real – made from clay and papier-mâché – they still represent a very real issue happening across the world. Set up as a “visible petition”, the bones are meant... Read more » Mass Grave in Washington DC Contains Over One Million Bones is ...
June 17, 2013 - The Inquisitr
- Mass. fund intended for kids to use social media
EASTHAMPTON, Mass. (AP) — New leadership is about to direct a foundation established to help children whose parents are targeted because of their advocacy.
June 16, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Barack Obama in Toronto Star
In a break between huddles with early arrivals Sunday, Obama outlined the stakes for the two-day summit, warning: "Organizations like Al Qaeda are in the process of trying to secure a nuclear weapon - a weapon of mass destruction that they have no...
- David Miliband in Reuters India
The sight of a mass murderer getting a hero's welcome in Tripoli is deeply upsetting, deeply distressing, above all for the 270 families who grieve every day for the loss of their loved ones 21 years ago,British Foreign Secretary David...
- President Bush in guardian.co.uk
This resolution is not the right response to these historic mass killings, and its passage would do great harm to our relations with a key ally in Nato and in the global war on terror,Mr Bush said.