- n (plural) any group of human beings (men or women or children) collectively
there were at least 200 people in the audience
- n the body of citizens of a state or country
the Spanish people
- n members of a family line
his people have been farmers for generations
are your people still alive?
- n the common people generally
power to the people
- v fill with people
Stalin wanted to people the empty steppes
- v furnish with people
- Our fifth annual list of the world's most influential people: leaders, thinkers, heroes, artists, scientists and more.
- But Vikram Akula is using advanced technologysmart cardsto make venture capital available to more of the 800 million people in India who live on less than $2 a day.
- Profiles the 100 most influential people of the 20th century (as selected by PTI Magazine) in five fields of endeavor.
News & Articles
- People take NSA protests online
People outraged by recent news of the National Security Agency's collection of phone records and Internet monitoring are taking action online.
June 12, 2013 - WQAD Moline
- People with disabilities find few jobs
The 2012 jobless rate for people with disabilities slipped to 13.4 percent, down from 15 percent in 2011 but still substantially higher than the 7.9 percent for people without disabilities. The U.S. Department of Labor also said only 17.8 percent of people with disabilities held a job at any time last year.
June 12, 2013 - The Kansas City Star
- People to People Announces Development Through Mentoring Delegation to Cuba
SPOKANE, Wash., June 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- People to People Ambassador Programs, the leader in global educational travel experiences for 50 years, has announced a " Development Through Mentoring ...
June 12, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Barack Obama in Los Angeles Times
In President Obama's June 15 speech addressing the spill, he boldly said, "We will make BP pay for the damage their company has caused. And we will do whatever is necessary to help the Gulf Coast and its people recover from this tragedy."
- Dan Gilbert in The Associated Press
In a phone interview with the AP, Gilbert says "people have covered up for (James) for way too long. Tonight we saw who he really is."
- Jens Stoltenberg in Salon
These are separate individuals that are responsible for criminal acts,Stoltenberg said. "It is always bad to judge a whole group of people from what individuals are doing and that is independently of what group these people belong to."