- n a collection of objects laid on top of each other
- n (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
- n a car that is old and unreliable
- v bestow in large quantities
He heaped him with work
She heaped scorn upon him
- v arrange in stacks
heap firewood around the fireplace
- v fill to overflow
heap the platter with potatoes
- While Hawaiians were hula whooping over statehood news, Alaska's overwhelmingly Democratic legislature was finding out that it takes a heap of lawmaking to make a territory a state.
- Take a look at that second heap, the trashy one, and you'll notice something interesting: it's very, very large.
- Divers spotted three more corpses in a car but were unable to recover any of the victims pinned in the submerged scrap heap.
News & Articles
- Breaking Down the Top 5 Fantasy Football Handcuff Situations in 2013
In fantasy football, nothing can ruin a season faster than watching in horror as your first-round running back goes down in a heap in Week 3. That's it. Season's over, right? Maybe not, if you purchased insurance against injury by "handcuffing" your star tailback with his backup. On some NFL teams, the backfield situation is just too muddied for there to even be a handcuff. It's a committee, and ...
June 12, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Assorted Tarts and Quiches at Crêpes & Croissants
If a good breakfast can change one’s perspective on the day, then bringing a good breakfast to someone else can change the course of human events, or at least get you out of a heap of trouble.
June 12, 2013 - Free Times
- Power Rankings: It’s Jimmie Johnson’s throne, and no one else is close
It's time for Power Rankings! After every race, we'll opine about who we think is at the top of the Sprint Cup heap and how and why they got there. Remember, this isn't scientific, as our formula is the perfect … Continue reading ?
June 11, 2013 - From The Marbles via Yahoo! Sports
- Ozzie Newsome in Washington Post
Getting a deal done with Terrell is consistent with our history of retaining our best Pro Bowl players, like Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Jonathan Ogden, Todd Heap and Jamal Lewis,General Manager Ozzie Newsome said in a written statement released by...
- Ernie Grunfeld in Arizona Daily Star
We don't know how long the process is going to be, but the dominoes sort of have to fall,Wizards president Ernie Grunfeld said. "The top of the heap is LeBron, and depending on what he does I think will dictate the rest of free agency."
- Noel Gallagher in CTV.ca
I would describe the sudden impact and shock as feeling as if I had been hit by a bus,Gallagher said in his statement. "I ended up in a heap on the floor."