- n a vehicle carrying many passengers; used for public transport
he always rode the bus to work
- n the topology of a network whose components are connected by a busbar
- n an electrical conductor that makes a common connection between several circuits
the busbar in this computer can transmit data either way between any two components of the system
- n a car that is old and unreliable
the fenders had fallen off that old bus
- v send or move around by bus
The children were bussed to school
- v ride in a bus
- v remove used dishes from the table in restaurants
- HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS! The green flyer on the campus bulletin board promises the greatest little cross-country bus "ride ever.
- A Mexican importer named Eugene LeBar and his wife, bound for Manhattan, boarded a bus in Mexico City.
- Psaradakis, whose bus was packed, had been forced to divert from the main roads into the leafy squares of Bloomsbury, home to the colleges of the University of London.
News & Articles
- Bus fare protests hit Brazil's two largest cities
SAO PAULO, June 14 (UPI) -- Demonstrations against nationwide bus fare hikes turned boisterous in Brazil's two largest cities, leading to clashes with police, witnesses said.
June 14, 2013 - UPI
- Bus tour commemorating Sandy Hook takes gun control on the road
Six months after the Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings, victims’ families, elected officials and faith leaders gathered in Newtown, Conn., for the launch of a nationwide bus tour to step up the pressure on politicians for stronger gun-control laws and to commemorate those who were killed. At the pretour ceremony on Friday morning, crowds gathered [...]
June 14, 2013 - The Lookout via Yahoo! News
- Bus riders concerned about new Lexington bus stop location
The new location of a Lexington bus stop has some bus riders concerned.
June 14, 2013 - WYMT Mountain News
- Barack Obama in Boston Globe
Violence is a dead end,Obama said. "It is a sign of neither courage nor power to shoot rockets at sleeping children, or to blow up old women on a bus. That is not how moral authority is claimed; that is how it is surrendered."
- Tony Kornheiser in New York Daily News
My fear of planes is legendary and sadly true,Kornheiser said. "When I looked at the upcoming schedule it was the perfect storm that would've frequently moved me from bus to air. I kept looking at the schedule the past month and wanted to...
- James Clyburn in American Thinker (blog)
I have heard things today that I have not heard since March 15, 1960, when I was marching to get off the back of the bus,said House Majority Whip James Clyburn (DS.C.), the highest-ranking black official in Congress.