- n a vehicle for carrying a coffin to a church or a cemetery; formerly drawn by horses but now usually a motor vehicle
- The hearse cruises past Jayne Mansfield's "pink palace," the one with the heart-shaped swimming pool, where the cantilevered comedian dwelt at the time she literally lost her head .
- The hearse passed thousands of citizens who waited without wilting to pay their respects.
- Friday, May 10, 2002: A woman throws flowers on the white hearse carrying the body of assassinated Dutch politician Pim Fortuyn.
News & Articles
- Cellucci remembered at funeral Mass in hometown
Two members of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police stand at attention next to the hearse bearing the casket of former Massachusetts governor and former U.S. Ambassador to Canada, Paul Cellucci after his funeral at Saint Michael Roman Catholic Church in Hudson, Mass., Friday, June 14, 2013. Cellucci died Saturday at his home in Hudson from complications of ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease.
June 14, 2013 - Greenwich Time
- Retired flags find new life in final salute to veterans
Dave White appeared solemn as he pulled a flag-draped casket from the back of a hearse and slid the wooden box onto a gurney.
June 14, 2013 - Stars and Stripes
- Oklahoma City man kicked hearse, police say
An Oklahoma City man was arrested Saturday on a complaint of destruction of property after kicking a hearse in North Oklahoma City.
June 13, 2013 - KOCO 5 Oklahoma City
- Randy Jackson in AFP
I will be there ...... and, yes, the brothers will carry him from the hearse to the front of the mausoleum,Randy Jackson told the celebrity website on Tuesday.
- Roger Williams in San Luis Obispo Tribune
Depending on which I need, I've asked for two vehicles to be standing by - an ambulance and a hearse,Williams joked in a statement Wednesday announcing his birthday plans.
- Gaston Caperton in Charleston Gazette
It was an honor to walk behind the horse-drawn hearse on Thursday evening,Caperton said, "seeing so many people lining the roads in Charleston, holding up old campaign posters for the late senator. No one else in America could have brought...