- n (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
a slew of journalists
- v turn sharply; change direction abruptly
- v move obliquely or sideways, usually in an uncontrolled manner
- v kill intentionally and with premeditation
- The league is learning the hard way that a microscopic foe can be much more imposing than a 300-pound lineman, as a sudden slew of staph infections has sacked several football .
- But a slew of new studies published in 2007 suggests that the vitamin has a lot of other benefits: Diets high in D may ward off diabetes, gum disease and multiple sclerosis .
- Ordering take-out, finding phone numbers and a slew of alternative search engines.
News & Articles
- ETFdb Weekly Watchlist: EWG, VXX, VIS Hinge On German Sentiment, The Fed And Manufacturing Data
Volatility returned on Wall Street last week, as investors digested a slew of economic news and data. Standard & Poor’s Rating Services raised its outlook for the nation’s credit from negative to stable, ...
June 17, 2013 - ETF Database via Yahoo! Finance
- Hollywood Park: Rosengold breezes for Tsunami Slew Stakes
INGLEWOOD, Calif. – Rosengold, the winner of two stakes for 3-year-olds on turf at Santa Anita this year, worked six furlongs on turf in 1:14 at Betfair Hollywood Park on Sunday, preparing for a start in the $70,000 Tsunami Slew Stakes on June 23.
June 16, 2013 - Daily Racing Form
- Slew of China data over the weekend hinder the bulls
Slew of China ( FXI , quote ) data over the weekend and bottom line is nothing for bulls to run with. [caption id="attachment_72051" align="alignright"
June 10, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Barack Obama in International Herald Tribune
Obama says the goal of his stimulus plan isn'ta "slew of new government programs," but rather a "foundation for long-term economic growth."
- Alan Greenspan in CNN International
The whole slew of candidates -- it's mainly Democrats, but some Republicans -- want to add to it more,Greenspan said. "Nobody wants to ...... look at the issue and come up with a rational solution. This is, I regret to say, irresponsible."
- Nick Zito in TSN
Obviously (with favorites), there's more pressure, anxiety, on the other hand, if they run well, you have to be content,said Zito. "I always like to steal Billy Turner's line, 'It's pressure when you don't have Seattle Slew."