- v turn sharply; change direction abruptly
- v move obliquely or sideways, usually in an uncontrolled manner
- Among the speculators on what slue-footed little Charlie will do to Adolf Hitler, notably liberal British Cartoonist David Low, few knew that The Great Dictator's provisional .
- It stops by the wayside to terrorize one dark-skinned Julius Caesar, self-styled "Apostle ob Sanotification," known to his rivals as "dat slue-footed hypercrite.
- The picture cuts abruptly back and forth, now watching the methodical police picking up clues with a sort of slue-footed genius, now following the killer and the little girl.