- v inflict a heavy blow on, with the hand, a tool, or a weapon
- v affect suddenly with deep feeling
- v cause physical pain or suffering in
- The new president is a man of great integrity, with no patience for mediocrity and with relentless urge to smite his opponents.
- Forces of the recording industry feared for their bottom line, and they did smite Napster with every legal means at their disposal.
- Now, with the middle class again feeling squeezed out of the American Dream, Florida's effort to smite spiraling property levies could influence a new generation of revenue rebels.
News & Articles
- Tribes: Ascend 2 More Likely Than Continued Updates To Tribes: Ascend
In an effort to focus development on its upcoming MOBA, Smite, Tribes: Ascend Developer Hi-Rez Studios says there are no updates planned for Tribes: Ascend in the next six months, and it's unlikely that there will be more after that period of time. Speaking with CVG , Hi-Rez Studios boss Todd Harris said, "For the next six months our primary development focus is SMITE. Beyond that it is [Global ...
July 14, 2013 - Game Informer
- Hi-Rez halts Tribes: Ascend updates for six months, may never come back to it
Developer Hi-Rez Studios has confirmed no major updates are inbound for Tribes: Ascend , for at least the next six months. Responding to a complaint on Reddit about a lack of developer updates on the game, Hi-Rez head honcho Todd Harris said on Reddit and in the Hi-Rez forums that the studio is currently hard at work on its upcoming MOBA, Smite . And even after that, it's unlikely the developer ...
July 12, 2013 - Joystiq
- Abdullah Yusuf Ali in Investor's Business Daily
The Quran, as translated and interpreted by Abdullah Yusuf Ali, the most widely respected Quranic scholar in the Muslim world, says: "When ye meet the unbelievers (in fight), smite at their necks" - is clear.
- Peter Popoff in KIDK
And god told me, he says you smite that cancer with you fist,says Popoff.
- Donald Tusk in Deutsche Welle
All those who raise a hand to smite the dead are not worthy of respect or power,Tusk told reporters.