- n one of a pair of planks used to make a track for rolling or sliding objects
- n a restraint provided when the brake linings are moved hydraulically against the brake drum to retard the wheel's rotation
- n an unexpected slide
- v slide without control
the car skidded in the curve on the wet road
- v elevate onto skids
- v apply a brake or skid to
- v move obliquely or sideways, usually in an uncontrolled manner
the wheels skidded against the sidewalk
- We're on a skid pad, a circular track slicked down with water, and I'm speeding around it so fast that the rear tires lose traction and the car goes into a fishtail.
- Wildly exciting to Japanese is each fresh leap by their industry in its hop-skip--skid race to overtake the West.
- The autos skid sideways and fly over other cars on stilts.
News & Articles
- Fleet Safety Tip of the Week: Skid Recovery
Here's advice on how to respond to a skid.
June 20, 2013 - Business Fleet
- Pallet Forks increase productivity for mini skid steers.
Available in 2 models, universal mini mount type pallet forks are designed to increase productivity for mini skid steers/compact tool carriers. Model MPF-900 features 1 x 3 x 31.5 in. forks mounted on 30.5 in. wide frame that has rated capacity of 900 lb. Rated at 2,000 lb, rail-style Model MPF-2000 utilizes Class I tines of 1.18 x 3 x 42 in. on 33.25 in. wide frame. This story is related to the ...
June 19, 2013 - ThomasNet
- Britain's skid-row scrappers living in Murray shadow
They are Britain's skid-row tennis scrappers who get by on small change, chasing their dreams at far-flung tournaments in outposts like Burnie in Australia or Rimouski, Canada and An Ning in China.
June 18, 2013 - Fox News
- Lenny Kaye in Forbes
He created a club that started on a small, out-of-the-way skid row, and saw it go around the world,said Lenny Kaye, a longtime member of the Patti Smith Group. "Everywhere you travel around the world, you saw somebody wearing a CBGB...
- Dontrelle Willis in USA Today
When you're struggling, it can turn an eight-game skid into a four-game skid,Willis said. "When you're winning, it's easy and it's all good for everybody."
- Roy Oswalt in USA Today
When you play this game, you're going to run through a skid where you're not doing too well,Oswalt said. "I think some of the guys in the Hall of Fame actually ran into a few skids here or there. So you take the good with the bad -- you...