- n a general direction in which something tends to move
the trend of the stock market
- n general line of orientation
the northeastern trend of the coast
- n a general tendency to change (as of opinion)
not openly liberal but that is the trend of the book
- n the popular taste at a given time
he followed current trends
- v turn sharply; change direction abruptly
- A new generation of trendsetters is laboring to turn 'Made in China' into a symbol of style that's part Western, part traditional and all original.
- Fenn expects this trend to continue in 2010 when a new rule, approved by the NYSE and the SEC, goes into effect and no longer allows brokers to vote shares if they haven't received .
- Thanks in part to a new tax credit put into place by Congress in October, owning your own wind turbine could be the next green trend.