- v kill intentionally and with premeditation
- a not in operation or operational
the oven is off
the lights are off
- s below a satisfactory level
an off year for tennis
his performance was off
- a (of events) no longer planned or scheduled
the wedding is definitely off
- s in an unpalatable state
- s not performing or scheduled for duties
He's off every Tuesday
- r from a particular thing or place or position (`forth' is obsolete)
went off to school
they drove off
- r at a distance in space or time
the boat was 5 miles off (or away)
the party is still 2 weeks off (or away)
- r no longer on or in contact or attached
clean off the dirt
he shaved off his mustache
- Owaki Kulla Corbis But going off the grid isn't as simple as unplugging your television.
- Sources tell PTI that the White House brushed off a request quietly made last week by the 9-11 Commission Chairman Tom Kean, the Republican former governor of New Jersey, to boost .
- In a nation addicted to online multiplayer games, one that invited users to execute corrupt officials proved too much for the authorities.