mount : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a lightweight horse kept for riding only
- n the act of climbing something
- n a land mass that projects well above its surroundings; higher than a hill
- n a mounting consisting of a piece of metal (as in a ring or other jewelry) that holds a gem in place
the diamond was in a plain gold mount
- n something forming a back that is added for strengthening
- v attach to a support
They mounted the aerator on a floating
- v go up or advance
- v fix onto a backing, setting, or support
mount slides for macroscopic analysis
- v put up or launch
mount a campaign against pornography
- v get up on the back of
mount a horse
- v go upward with gradual or continuous progress
- v prepare and supply with the necessary equipment for execution or performance
mount a theater production
mount an attack
mount a play
- v copulate with
- Immovably rough and rugged is Idaho's highest mountain, rising in independent grandeur above wild country between the Big Lost River and Pahsimeroi ranges.
News & Articles
- Mount Holly Municipal Utilities Authority approves sewer fees hike
MOUNT HOLLY — The Mount Holly Municipal Utilities Authority, which services six towns, voted Thursday to increase its sewer usage and connection fees.
June 15, 2013 - Burlington County Times
- Mount Horeb makes state girls soccer final
Mount Horeb freshman Shianna Schmit-Colvin scored in the 54th minute as the Vikings defeated Xavier in the Division Two semifinals at the WIAA State Girls Soccer tournament at Uihlein Soccer Park in Milwaukee. Schmit-Colvin intercepted a pass from the Xavier goalkeeper and scored an unassisted goal at 53:28. Mount Horeb goalkeeper Maria Yanna made 7 saves, including one on her back during a ...
June 14, 2013 - WISC-TV Madison
- Mount Vernon among fastest growing cities, financial site says
MOUNT VERNON — The City of Homes is the city that grows. According NerdWallet, which describes itself as a “financial literacy and consumer advocacy website,” Mount Vernon is among the fastest growing cities in the country.
June 14, 2013 - The Journal News
- Antonio Villaraigosa in guardian.co.uk
This is the worst accident I've ever seen,Villaraigosa said. "Clearly the injuries are going to mount and so are the fatalities."
- Takeo Fukui in New York Times
Honda must protect its core business activities and secure the long term as widespread uncertainties in the economies around the globe continue to mount,said Takeo Fukui, the chief executive of Honda, Japan's No.
- Barack Obama in The North Star National
In 2008, during his first press conference as president-elect, Obama said, "Iran's development of a nuclear weapon : is unacceptable and we have to mount an international effort to prevent that from happening."