- n the chair of state for a monarch, bishop, etc.
the king sat on his throne
- n a plumbing fixture for defecation and urination
- n the position and power of an exalted person (a sovereign or bishop) who is entitled to sit in a chair of state on ceremonial occasions
- v sit on the throne as a ruler
- v put a monarch on the throne
The Queen was enthroned more than 50 years ago
- His birth is a guarantee that the supposedly unbroken line of male succession to the throne will continue for at least another generation.
- Former Nepalese King Gyanendra, the world's last Hindu monarch, was forced from the throne on May 28th after Nepal's newly-elected Constituent Assembly voted to abolish the country .
- Since he got Albania's throne, Coffee's very smell has flown.
News & Articles
- Royal baby expected to pump $380M into British economy
LONDON, June 19 (UPI) -- The arrival of a new heir to the British throne is expected to pump $380 million into the country's economy this summer, a retail analyst said Tuesday.
June 19, 2013 - UPI
- If Kanye is Jobs, Jay-Z's Gates
Long-time partners in crime Kanye West and Jay-Z are grabbing headlines for new albums arriving two years after their joint effort, "Watch the Throne."
June 18, 2013 - NBC NEWS
- Kanye West Will Tour Behind Yeezus
Photo by Ebru Yildiz When Kanye West put out My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy in 2010, he didn't tour behind it. (He skipped a year and toured with Jay-Z behind Watch the Throne .) But as Exclaim points out, contributing Yeezus producer Mike Dean confirmed that Kanye will indeed tour behind his new album during an AMA session on Reddit . Dean will be a member of the touring band. Here's one of ...
June 18, 2013 - Pitchfork
- Jeremy Paxman in guardian.co.uk
While the BBC does report royal matters pretty straightforwardly, as it should, there is still a fawning taste, a fawning sense to the tone of voice it adopts when dealing with the heir to throne and his family,Paxman said. "They do not...
- Justin Timberlake in Guardian Unlimited
He doesn't know anything but kind of being a loser,Timberlake said. "When he finds out through his blood line that he's heir to the throne, he thinks, I can do this. But when he realizes what type of responsibility it is, his natural...
- Stephane Dion in Canada.com
Canadians can count on the official Opposition to do everything it can to make this parliament work,Dion told the Commons. "To that end, we will propose amendments and we will not make the government fall on its throne speech, which would...