- n an opening into or through something
- n an opening deliberately made in or through something
- n one playing period (from tee to green) on a golf course
he played 18 holes
- n an unoccupied space
- n a depression hollowed out of solid matter
- n a fault
he shot holes in my argument
- n informal terms for a difficult situation
- n informal terms for the mouth
- v hit the ball into the hole
- v make holes in
- But Tiger birdied the last hole again to force overtime, and he clinched the championship in the first hole of sudden death.
- Following the sound, he came to an open hole in a clump of weeds.
- Under such crushing force, all information about what formed the hole would be forever locked away: you would have no way of distinguishing between a black hole made from a .
News & Articles
- Corn hole tournament will benefit Florence team for global program
FLORENCE, S.C. — If corn hole is your game, you are in luck. The second annual City of Florence Corn Hole Tournament will take place during Florence After Five on June 28.
June 21, 2013 - Lake City News & Post
- Father and son record hole-in-ones on same hole during same Father’s Day round
Both Lonnie and his son, Zach Whitener recorded hole-in-ones in the same round, on the same hole at River Pointe Golf Club in Richmond, Texas. The pair chose to play at that course simply because Zach Whitener likes to see alligators that sometimes slink near the course, just on the edge of view. Continue reading ?
June 21, 2013 - Prep Rally via Yahoo! Sports
- Giant Black Hole's Dust Oddity Surprises Scientists
The most detailed observations to date of the material surrounding a gigantic black hole have surprised scientists, who say what they see conflicts with common theories about these powerful objects.
June 20, 2013 - SPACE.com via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in ABC News
The recession dug us a hole of about 8 million jobs deep, and we continue to fight headwinds from volatile global markets, so we still have a great deal of work to do to repair the economy and get the American people back to work,Obama said.
- Tiger Wood in The Australian
I think people are making way too much of a big deal of this thing,Woods said of his demeanor early in the final round. "I was not feeling good. I hit a big snipe off the first hole, and I don't know how people can think I should be happy...