- n preserve of crushed fruit
- n informal terms for a difficult situation
- n a dense crowd of people
- n deliberate radiation or reflection of electromagnetic energy for the purpose of disrupting enemy use of electronic devices or systems
- v press tightly together or cram
- v push down forcibly
The driver jammed the brake pedal to the floor
- v crush or bruise
jam a toe
- v interfere with or prevent the reception of signals
- v get stuck and immobilized
the mechanism jammed
- v crowd or pack to capacity
the theater was jampacked
- v block passage through
- In the White House driveway there was something close to a traffic jam.
- Grissom squeezed out of the jam, and the Giants went on to win the Series.
- It's like a traffic jam in your mind.
News & Articles
- Yachtstock River Jam returns to Essington this month
Yachtstock River Jam will return to Tinicum Township this year, from 12-10 p.m. on Saturday, June 15 at West End Boat Club, 500 W. 2nd St. The Irish Rock Band Blackthorn will headline the event which will feature two stages and 16 bands jamming on the banks of the Delaware River.
June 14, 2013 - Ridley Town Talk
- 'Slow Jam the News' with Chris Christie on 'Late Night with Jimmy Fallon'
Slow Jam the Newswelcomed New Jersey Governor Chris Christie to "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" on Wednesday.
June 13, 2013 - Zap2It
- Lehigh River jam to give MS a shot of the blues
The eighth annual Lehigh River Blues Jam at Catasauqua Municipal Park features 10 performances over three nights, including Billy Hector, a Jersey Shore Jazz & Blues Foundation Lifetime Achievement Award winner.
June 13, 2013 - The Morning Call
- Mitch McConnell in The Australian
But Senator McConnell said: "The fundamental point I want to make is the arrogance of all this. You know, they are saying, `Ignore the wishes of the American people. We know more about this than you do, and we're going to jam it down your throats no...
- John Warford in Wall Street Journal
The fact that it could break at any time is bad news. But right now, the ice jam around the Double Ditch has not broken,Bismarck Mayor John Warford said at a morning news conference.
- Barack Obama in Wall Street Journal
Even President Obama tells ABC News that "the Senate certainly shouldn't try to jam anything through until Scott Brown is seated."