- v hinder or prevent the progress or accomplishment of
- v block passage through
obstruct the path
- v shut out from view or get in the way so as to hide from sight
The trees obstruct my view of the mountains
- If pieces of these plaques break off and obstruct blood flow to the brain, a seizure could occur.
- Does this obstruct Mother Teresas path to sainthood? I cant imagine this would hurt or prejudice the campaign to have Mother Teresa declared a saint.
- To obstruct a proceeding or tamper with a witness, there must be both a witness and a proceeding.
News & Articles
- Bear of the Day: Covidien (COV)
Plunging earnings estimates may further obstruct shares of this medical products maker
June 12, 2013 - Zacks via Yahoo! Finance
- Former correctional officer guilty of obstructing justice, sentenced two years in prison
Former Prince George’s County correctional officer Anthony McIntosh was sentenced to two years in prison for obstruction of justice. McIntosh pleaded guilty to obstructing justice on Jan. 4. On June 4, District Court Judge Alexander Williams Jr. sentenced McIntosh to serve 24 months in prison.
June 12, 2013 - The Prince George's Sentinel
- Council may change sidewalk code
Marietta's municipal code prohibits downtown businesses from placing items on city sidewalks that will obstruct pedestrian traffic, although many shopkeepers do set some wares out on the walkways during warmer months of the year.
June 8, 2013 - The Marietta Times
- President Bush in International Herald Tribune
They chose to obstruct his confirmation, even though he enjoys majority support in the Senate, and even though their tactics will disrupt our diplomatic work at a sensitive and important time,Bush said earlier in a written statement. "This...
- Ben Nelson in RTT News
This weekend, I will vote for the motion to proceed to bring that debate onto the Senate floor,Nelson said in his statement. "Throughout my Senate career I have consistently rejected efforts to obstruct. That's what the vote on the motion...
- Fidel Castro in Guardian Unlimited
My elemental duty is not to cling to positions, or even less to obstruct the path of younger people, but to share experiences and ideas whose modest worth comes from the exceptional era in which I lived,Castro wrote in the final paragraph of...