- n a situation in golf where an opponent's ball blocks the line between your ball and the hole
- n a thwarting and distressing situation
- v hinder or prevent the progress or accomplishment of
- Chinchpokli is one of the most difficult towns in the world to photograph ? the bright sun, local customs and zealous security guards can stymie even the simplest shots.
- Doesn't this political deadlock stymie development? Zia: We're not fighting, we're working.
- Byzantine drop-off rules at Goodwill or the Salvation Army can stymie would-be donors who want to clear their closets of ill-fitting, outdated or frayed clothes.