- v crowd or pack to capacity
- v put something somewhere so that the space is completely filled
cram books into the suitcase
- v study intensively, as before an exam
- v prepare (students) hastily for an impending exam
- The pressure intensifies in high school, which becomes one long cram session for college admission.
- Apparently, people want to cram their second lives full of the same stuff they have in their first.
- But the fact that he is now one of the most influential movers and shakers of his generationgiven how little attention he paid to cram schools, university examinations and the .
News & Articles
- Robots Man the Helm at Ford's Torturous Test Track
Truck testing is hard. And it's supposed to be. Automakers have to cram hundreds of thousands of rigorous miles into a few months. But while the trucks are designed to take a pounding, their flesh-and-bone drivers take a physical and mental beating. So Ford is employing robots and autonomous tech to mitigate the drudgery, while making its testing procedures more accurate, less time consuming ...
June 17, 2013 - Wired News
- Shootings show troubled side of Calif. beach city
For decades there have been two Santa Monicas. There's the hip beachfront town that's packed year-round with tourists who cram its trendy bars and restaurants, stay at its pricey beachfront hotels and ...
June 17, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Cram Carnival!
Students spend time in a make-shift jail during Cram Elementary School’s end of the year carnival. Students could pay $1 to jail friends and teachers during the evening on Friday, May 31.
June 12, 2013 - Highland Community News
- Scott Altman in Washington Post
The seven astronauts will be "doing as much as we can cram in" to the September 2008 servicing mission that will keep the Hubble alive, mission commander Scott Altman told a crowded auditorium at the Space Telescope Science Institute, which...
- Gilbert Arenas in SI.com
After USA, I just beat my body up,Arenas said. "I was lifting really hard, and I was coming in here shooting thousands of shots, running the bleachers, riding my bike. I was trying to cram everything in."
- Stephenie Meyer in San Francisco Chronicle (blog)
In a post on her official blog, Meyer writes, "Just a quick note on the subject of the Breaking Dawn film: there is no drama over whether the book should be one movie or two. My personal feeling is that it would be very difficult to cram the whole...