- n a large number or amount
- n (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
- v turn sharply; change direction abruptly
- v move obliquely or sideways, usually in an uncontrolled manner
- In return for his gallant favors they were supposed to have slipped him slews of State secrets.
- It resulted in slews of editorials and opinion pieces (generaly trashing the obnoxious woman) in all major newspapers.
- So did six lieutenant generals, five major generals, five corps commanders, bevies of War Ministry bureau chiefs and slews of Japanese officers of all the higher ranks.
News & Articles
- What Jersey sounds like: The N.J. playlist you've never heard
Rock, punk, pop and hip-hop have poured out of Jersey over the years, and while plenty of bands have gotten their fair share of recognition, slews of basement, bar and club-dwellers have never made it into the mainstream
July 9, 2013 - The Star-Ledger