luck : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you)
the luck of the Irish
- n an unknown and unpredictable phenomenon that causes an event to result one way rather than another
bad luck caused his downfall
- n an unknown and unpredictable phenomenon that leads to a favorable outcome
it was my good luck to be there
they say luck is a lady
- Despite his superstitions, John McCain likes to describe himself as "the luckiest man you will ever meet.
- Generally, luck is something that happens to individuals.
- And the greatest luck that any President can have: trouble, serious trouble.
News & Articles
- Videos: Colts QB Andrew Luck, WR Reggie Wayne and coach Chuck Pagano discuss offseason workouts
Colts quarterback Andrew Luck and receiver Reggie Wayne talk about what they'll do in the six weeks prior to the start of training camp.
June 13, 2013 - The Indianapolis Star
- 'Good Luck Charlie' canceled after 4 seasons on Disney Channel
The good luck has run out for "Good Luck Charlie." The Disney Channel says Season 4 of the live-action show, which centers on a teenage girl (Bridgit Mendler) giving advice to the title character, her little sister Charlie, will be its last. It remains in production and will have enough episodes to stretch into next year."'That's a wrap' will be called on the production after four years with ...
June 12, 2013 - Zap2It
- 'Good Luck Charlie' To End After This Season
It’s official — Good Luck Charlie is ending. According to Deadline, the series will end after it’s current season. “On behalf of everyone at Disney Channel, it’s been our great pleasure to work with the extraordinary producers Phil Baker, Drew Vaupen and Dan Staley and the writers and crew of Good Luck Charlie,” a Disney [...]
June 12, 2013 - Just Jared Jr.
- Lance Armstrong in AFP
I didn't want to have a third day in a row of bad luck, so ...... (it's) nice that everybody stayed up (on their bikes),said Armstrong, who sits in 18th place overall at 2min 30sec behind race leader Fabian Cancellara and 1:51 behind the...
- MatjaÅ¾ Kek in Premier League FanHouse (blog)
We are a little disappointed to lose a lead like that, but we must be pleased. Slovenia has not come to the World Cup because of luck but because of our endeavours, and we should not stand in awe of anyone,said Kek. "We lost our...
- Guillermo del Toro in RTT News
He added, "Both as a co-writer and as a director, I wish the production nothing but the very best of luck and I will be first in line to see the finished product."