- n an event (or a course of events) that will inevitably happen in the future
- n the ultimate agency regarded as predetermining the course of events (often personified as a woman)
we are helpless in the face of destiny
- n your overall circumstances or condition in life (including everything that happens to you)
- As one oft-quoted account has it: "Whomsoever claims this spear and solves its secrets holds the destiny of the world in his hands, for good or evil.
- They share the same air, same water and the same destiny BY TIM PADGETT AND CATHY BOOTH THOMAS Jurez "I have the most satisfying job in Jurez," says Arturo Chvez.
- In a new book that attempts to survey the history of man's conception of destiny, a British cleric and scholar raises this question, and ends with an answer trembling on his tongue.
News & Articles
- Destiny tenants gain recognition for sustainable building practices
New tenants in the mall's expansion section are required by lease to obtain LEED certification. More than 60 tenants at Destiny are going through the certification process now.
June 19, 2013 - The Post-Standard
- Destiny's online battlegrounds explained by Bungie
We spoke with Bungie's Chris Butcher, engineering lead for online shooter Destiny , about the overall concept of the game and its mishmash of genres. Destiny is primarily a shooter, as shown in gameplay footage released at the show , but we also discuss some of its other flavors and social components. Butcher, being the engineering guy, also gets some time to geek out about the game's lighting ...
June 18, 2013 - Joystiq
- Bungie says lack of Destiny on PC "painful" for gamers
Developer addresses Destiny absence for PC, says, "Obviously, we'd love to be on as many platforms as possible."
June 17, 2013 - GameSpot
- Barack Obama in Boston Globe
The weight of this crisis will not determine the destiny of this nation,Obama said in his first speech to a joint session of Congress. "Those qualities that have made America the greatest force of progress and prosperity in human history...
- Michael Bloomberg in The Chosun Ilbo
It's the city where you can practice your religion and say what you want to say and be in charge of your own destiny,said Bloomberg. "And we're going to keep it that way. People from every corner of the world come here and live in the same...
- Tommy Lasorda in SI.com
I'm so happy for him. I think his record speaks for itself,Lasorda said. "I think what he accomplished with the Yankees, he should have been able to control his destiny. We're happy that he's here - very happy."