freight : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n goods carried by a large vehicle
- n transporting goods commercially at rates cheaper than express rates
- n the charge for transporting something by common carrier
we pay the freight
the freight rate is usually cheaper
- v transport commercially as cargo
- v load with goods for transportation
- For the dog-eat-dog air-freight business, the showdown had come.
- Why How There Can Be More IN the high-flying air world, one fledgling that has yet to find its wings is the air-freight business.
- The freight movement this Fall has been the heaviest in the history of the country.
News & Articles
- Indian Railways' Freight Traffic Rose Nearly 5 Percent in May
Indian Railways carried 171.91 million metric tons of revenue-earning freight traffic in April and May, the first two months of fiscal year 2013-14, increasing 4.6 percent or 7.53 million metric tons from 164.38 million metric tons moved during the same period last year.
June 20, 2013 - Journal of Commerce Online
- Should You Invest in These 3 Air Freight Companies?
Should You Invest in These 3 Air Freight Companies?
June 20, 2013 - The Motley Fool
- Pilot Freight Services Expands into Spain
Pilot Freight Services, a worldwide provider of transportation and logistics services, announced today that it has expanded its European footprint with a newly opened station in A
June 18, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Byron Scott in Seattle Post Intelligencer
LeBron's is a freight train when he goes to that basket,said West coach Byron Scott of the Hornets. "He's so big and so strong. He's so quick and powerful. It's hard to stop him when he gets momentum going like that."
- Anthony Albanese in Sydney Morning Herald
It's quite clear that we've inherited a massive infrastructure deficit,Mr Albanese said. "We need to encourage more people out of their cars and get more freight onto trains. A greater investment in rail will not only be crucial to...
- Gordon Brown in National
The London Gateway is a significant foreign investment into the UK,Mr Brown said. "It will help bring the largest deep-sea vessels here and improve the efficiency of the UK's freight distribution, creating thousands of jobs, future growth...