load : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n weight to be borne or conveyed
- n a quantity that can be processed or transported at one time
the system broke down under excessive loads
- n goods carried by a large vehicle
- n an amount of alcohol sufficient to intoxicate
he got a load on and started a brawl
- n the power output of a generator or power plant
- n an onerous or difficult concern
that's a load off my mind
- n a deposit of valuable ore occurring within definite boundaries separating it from surrounding rocks
- n the front part of a guided missile or rocket or torpedo that carries the nuclear or explosive charge or the chemical or biological agents
- n electrical device to which electrical power is delivered
- v fill or place a load on
load a car
load the truck with hay
- v provide (a device) with something necessary
He loaded his gun carefully
load the camera
- v transfer from a storage device to a computer's memory
- v put (something) on a structure or conveyance
load the bags onto the trucks
- v corrupt, debase, or make impure by adding a foreign or inferior substance; often by replacing valuable ingredients with inferior ones
- Last year three no-load funds ranked one-two-three in growth among all the 526 funds rated by Manhattan's Arthur Lipper Corp.
- A new study shows that parents don't consider kids to have that big of a homework load.
- Spooked by the success of premium small cars from Mercedes-Benz, GM elected to rebadge its awful mass-market J-platform sedans, load them up with chintzy fabrics and accessories .
News & Articles
- Lost load causes crash near Nob Hill interchange
Thu, 13 Jun 2013 00:17:53 GMT Yakima Herald-Republic YAKIMA, Wash. — A Yakima pickup driver who stopped to retrieve a lost load this afternoon caused a three-vehicle collision that injured three people and brought Interstate 82 traffic to a standstill. Jose Castaneda, 33, was heading east when he pulled ove...
June 12, 2013 - Yakima Herald-Republic
- Due to the ever increasing work-load,
Due to the ever increasing work-load, Oak Ridge Metal Works is looking for a qualified Sheet Metal Fabricator that fabricates sheet metal parts from shop drawings using shears, rolls, press brakes, punch presses, & other sheet metal equipment.
June 12, 2013 - The Daily Reflector
- Load limits lifted on most North Dakota highways
Load restrictions have been lifted on most North Dakota highways.
June 10, 2013 - KXMA-TV Dickinson
- President Bush in New York Times
The temptation,Mr. Bush said, "will be to load up the bill. That would delay it or derail it, and neither option is acceptable."
- Billy Graham in CNN International
Ruth was my life partner, and we were called by God as a team,Billy Graham said in a statement. "No one else could have borne the load that she carried. She was a vital and integral part of our ministry, and my work through the years would...