lading : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n goods carried by a large vehicle
- v remove with or as if with a ladle
- v fill or place a load on
- The manifest he sends is drawn from the bill of lading the original shipper supplies, which may not be detailed, or more importantly, accurate.
- The freighter was Hamburg-bound and the bill of lading named the receiver as an Iranian with an import-export business in Munich.
- The Government proceeded to put before them a flood of bills of lading, shippers' receipts, waybills, arrival slips supported by the testimony of station agents, truck drivers .
News & Articles
- Barbecue is set to boom this Fourth of July, Panjiva says
As Americans get ready to fire up their grills this Fourth of July, Panjiva notes that shipments of barbecue products to the US are booming --- running 28 percent ahead of last year’s levels. A firm with offices in New York and Cambridge, Panjiva analyzes bills of lading for ships bringing goods to the United States. The technologies that Panjiva uses for that analysis were developed under the ...
July 3, 2013 - Boston Globe
- Daniel in Times Online
You are trusting that on receipt of the funds the factory releases the original bill of lading and allows us to receive the goods,said Daniel. "If they don't, you're f****d. And of course the customer has paid in full and in advance...