- n blockage consisting of an object designed to fill a hole tightly
- n a wad of something chewable as tobacco
- n blatant or sensational promotion
- n electrical device that fits into the cylinder head of an internal-combustion engine and ignites the gas by means of an electric spark
- n an electrical device with two or three pins that is inserted in a socket to make an electrical connection
- n an upright hydrant for drawing water to use in fighting a fire
- n an old or over-worked horse
- v fill or close tightly with or as if with a plug
plug the hole
- v persist in working hard
Students must plug away at this problem
- v deliver a quick blow to
- v make a plug for; praise the qualities or in order to sell or promote
- v insert a plug into
plug the wall
- v insert as a plug
She plugged a cork in the wine bottle
- A well-qualified expert last week took on the thankless job of defending commercial "plugs.
- Newest wrinkle in rocketry is the "plug nozzle" engine.
- If plug-ins suddenly became popular, before the grid had a chance to get smarter, it could lead to a real power predicament.
News & Articles
- Advanced Plug Connector by Amphenol
Amphenol Aerospace Operations recently announced that it has introduced a new plug connector to maximize the electrical performance in harsh environments.
June 14, 2013 - Zacks via Yahoo! Finance
- Google kills IE plug-in Chrome Frame, but some object
Google Thursday announced the retirement of a four-year-old plug-in designed to let users of older version of Internet Explorer (IE) run Chrome's browser engine, declaring mission accomplished. Chrome Frame joins numerous other discontinued Google projects, including much higher-profile departures, like Google Reader earlier this year. Support and updates for Frame will end in January 2014 ...
June 14, 2013 - PC World
- Advanced Plug Connector by Amphenol - Analyst Blog
Amphenol Aerospace Operations (AAO), a division of diversified electronics manufacturer Amphenol Corporation ( APH ), recently announced that it has introduced a new plug connector to
June 14, 2013 - Nasdaq
- Charles Grassley in The Moderate Voice
Referring to counseling for end-of-life, Grassley told the crowd: "And from that standpoint, you have every right to fear: We should not have a government program that determines if you're going to pull the plug on grandma."
- John McCain in TIME
McCain said such a device should deliver power at 30 percent of current costs and have "the size, capacity, cost and power to leapfrog the commercially available plug-in hybrids or electric cars."
- Barack Obama in Christian Science Monitor
On Thursday morning, he said, when he was shaving, his daughter Malia peeked her head into the bathroom and said, "Did you plug the hole yet, Daddy?" "I think everybody understands that, you know, when we are fouling the earth like this, it...