- n a semiprecious gemstone that takes a high polish; is usually green but sometimes whitish; consists of jadeite or nephrite
- n a woman adulterer
- n a light green color varying from bluish green to yellowish green
- n an old or over-worked horse
- v lose interest or become bored with something or somebody
- v exhaust or get tired through overuse or great strain or stress
- s of something having the color of jade; especially varying from bluish green to yellowish green
- This year Beijing represented Chinese culture with a ring of jade inlay.
- Local farmers, jade hunters, shopkeepers, students and professionals interviewed by PTI complained of job discrimination and the curtailing of their language rights.
- As every schoolboy knows, most jade is green.
News & Articles
- Chinese jade brush dish set to make £150,000 at Lyon & Turnbull auction on 12 June
Impressive and large carved pale celadon jade 'dragon brush washer', Qing Dynasty. 24cm long, 9.5cm high, 14.5cm deep. Estimate £150,000-250,000. Photo: Courtesy of Lyon and Turnbull.
June 10, 2013 - Art Daily
- BIRTH ANNOUNCEMENT: Evelyn Jade
Ayers , Allan and Lisa (Eaton), Timber Lane, daughter, Evelyn Jade, May 14, Manchester Memorial Hospital.
June 10, 2013 - FOX CT Hartford
- Jade Esteban Estrada in ‘The Ecstasy and the Agony of Steve Jobs’
Jade Esteban Estrada knows how to fill the stage all by himself, but a few eyebrows were raised when it was announced earlier this year that he would take on renowned raconteur Mike Daisey’s solo show, The Agony and the Ecstasy of Steve Jobs. Estrada is a comedian, singer, and gay entertainment icon. Daisey’s monologue — written for himself — tells the story of a technology early adopter whose ...
June 7, 2013 - San Antonio Current
- Max Clifford in BBC News
Clifford said: "It was in my mind that she was saying a final goodbye to some people. Jade was obviously very happy with the whole thing; Jeff was there on one side, Jack was there on the other side, and it was a very short and emotional service. I...
- Simon Hughes in guardian.co.uk
Simon Hughes, MP for North Southwark and Bermondsey in south London where Goody grew up, said: "Jade Goody was a Bermondsey girl who went from public ridicule and public rebukes to public respect and public sympathy."